Image Guided Therapy Research Group (BiiG-IGT) is a research group at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M). We are part of Biomedical Imaging and Instrumentation Group (BiiG), in the Department of Bioengineering and Aerospace Engineering. Our group is also part of Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Gregorio Marañón (IISGM), a research institute integrating UC3M, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón and Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Group coordinator: Javier Pascau, MSc, PhD (Full Professor, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
Our research is focused on Image Guided Therapy with a translational approach where the clinical needs are the driving force of our methods.
We teach in the Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering and several Master degrees at UC3M.
Clinical and technical researchers from different institutions are part of our multidisciplinary team.
- Non-invasive localization of breast lesions for surgical planningIGT group has participated in the development of a new technique based on medical imaging which makes it possible to non-invasively estimate the location of a tumour in the surgical position required for breast cancer surgery. Details here: https://www.uc3m.es/ss/Satellite/UC3MInstitucional/en/Detalle/Comunicacion_C/1371355682007/1371215537949/Non-invasive_localisation_of_breast_lesions_for_surgical_planning https://www.uc3m.es/ss/Satellite/UC3MInstitucional/es/Detalle/Comunicacion_C/1371355681946/1371215537949/Localizacion_no_invasiva_de_lesiones_mamarias_para_planificacion_quirurgica Read the paper here: F. Alfano et al., “Breast Tumor Localization… Continue reading Non-invasive localization of breast lesions for surgical planning
- Alba González speaks with RNE (The National Spanish Radio Station) about Custom Implants and medical 3D printingOur colleague Alba González has been invited to the radio station to speak about her project on Custom Implant Development and 3D printing with Chema García Langa, the presenter of “El Gallo que no cesa”, a radio program from the Spanish National Radio Station RNE. You can listen to the… Continue reading Alba González speaks with RNE (The National Spanish Radio Station) about Custom Implants and medical 3D printing
- Participation in the 4th international symposium of engineering in MexicoOur colleague Alicia Pose Díez de la Lastra has presented our most recent work on Augmented Reality at the 4th international symposium of engineering, celebrated at Universidad Vasco de Quiroga in Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico. This event collects mechatronics, computational systems, and industrial and biomedical engineering knowledge from researchers from Mexico,… Continue reading Participation in the 4th international symposium of engineering in Mexico
- Alba González Álvarez, Premio Nacional de Diseño 2022Alba González Álvarez, Conex Postdoc in BIIG-IGT, has been awarded the National Award of Design and Innovation 2022 from the Government of Spain for her career in healthcare. Congratulations Alba!
- Our new paper out today: “HoloLens 1 vs. HoloLens 2: Improvements in the New Model for Orthopedic Oncological Interventions”Our paper on “HoloLens 1 vs. HoloLens 2: Improvements in the New Model for Orthopedic Oncological Interventions” is now published in Sensors Journal! In it, we compare the ergonomics, usability, and AR projection accuracy of both HoloLens devices. Our goal was to determine the improvements of the newest model in this clinical… Continue reading Our new paper out today: “HoloLens 1 vs. HoloLens 2: Improvements in the New Model for Orthopedic Oncological Interventions”
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Avda. de la Universidad, 30, 28911, Leganés, Madrid (Spain)