Image Guided Therapy Research Group (IGT) is a research group at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M). We are part of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Lab (BSEL) in the Department of Bioengineering. Our group is also part of Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Gregorio Marañón (IISGM), a research institute integrating UC3M, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón and Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Group coordinator: Javier Pascau, MSc, PhD (Full Professor, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
Research supported by projects PI122/00601, PI18/01625 and AC20/00102 (Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer and European Regional Development Fund “Una manera de hacer Europa”), project PerPlanRT (ERA Permed), TED2021-129392B-I00 and TED2021-132200B-I00 (MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and European Union “NextGenerationEU”/PRTR), EU Horizon 2020 research and innovation program Conex plus UC3M (grant agreement 801538) and IND2018/TIC-9753 (Comunidad de Madrid).
Our research is focused on Image Guided Therapy with a translational approach where the clinical needs are the driving force of our methods.
We teach in the Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering and several Master degrees at UC3M.
Clinical and technical researchers from different institutions are part of our multidisciplinary team.
- Alba González, winner of the Global TCT WI3DP Innovator Award!Alba Gonzalez has been awarded the prestigious TCT Women in 3D Printing Innovator Award 2023 for her career developing medical devices with the use of Additive Manufacturing. This award recognises women who are at the pinnacle of their profession, leading the charge in developing, enhancing and innovating within the 3D… Continue reading Alba González, winner of the Global TCT WI3DP Innovator Award!
- Non-invasive localization of breast lesions for surgical planningIGT group has participated in the development of a new technique based on medical imaging which makes it possible to non-invasively estimate the location of a tumour in the surgical position required for breast cancer surgery. Details here: https://www.uc3m.es/ss/Satellite/UC3MInstitucional/en/Detalle/Comunicacion_C/1371355682007/1371215537949/Non-invasive_localisation_of_breast_lesions_for_surgical_planning https://www.uc3m.es/ss/Satellite/UC3MInstitucional/es/Detalle/Comunicacion_C/1371355681946/1371215537949/Localizacion_no_invasiva_de_lesiones_mamarias_para_planificacion_quirurgica Read the paper here: F. Alfano et al., “Breast Tumor Localization… Continue reading Non-invasive localization of breast lesions for surgical planning
- Alba González speaks with RNE (The National Spanish Radio Station) about Custom Implants and medical 3D printingOur colleague Alba González has been invited to the radio station to speak about her project on Custom Implant Development and 3D printing with Chema García Langa, the presenter of “El Gallo que no cesa”, a radio program from the Spanish National Radio Station RNE. You can listen to the… Continue reading Alba González speaks with RNE (The National Spanish Radio Station) about Custom Implants and medical 3D printing
- Participation in the 4th international symposium of engineering in MexicoOur colleague Alicia Pose Díez de la Lastra has presented our most recent work on Augmented Reality at the 4th international symposium of engineering, celebrated at Universidad Vasco de Quiroga in Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico. This event collects mechatronics, computational systems, and industrial and biomedical engineering knowledge from researchers from Mexico,… Continue reading Participation in the 4th international symposium of engineering in Mexico
- Alba González Álvarez, Premio Nacional de Diseño 2022Alba González Álvarez, Conex Postdoc in BIIG-IGT, has been awarded the National Award of Design and Innovation 2022 from the Government of Spain for her career in healthcare. Congratulations Alba!
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Avda. de la Universidad, 30, 28911, Leganés, Madrid (Spain)