Image Guided Therapy Research Group (IGT) is a research group at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M). We are part of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Lab (BSEL) in the Department of Bioengineering. Our group is also part of Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Gregorio Marañón (IISGM), a research institute integrating UC3M, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón and Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Group coordinator: Javier Pascau, MSc, PhD (Full Professor, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
Research supported by projects PI122/00601 and AC20/00102 (Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer and European Regional Development Fund “Una manera de hacer Europa”), project PerPlanRT (under the frame of ERA PerMed), TED2021-129392B-I00 and TED2021-132200B-I00 (MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and European Union “NextGenerationEU”/PRTR).
Our research is focused on Image Guided Therapy with a translational approach where the clinical needs are the driving force of our methods.
We teach in the Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering and several Master degrees at UC3M.
Clinical and technical researchers from different institutions are part of our multidisciplinary team.
- The IGT group, in NAMIC Project WeekOne more time, the IGT group participates in the NAMIC Project Week! The Project Week is a week-long hackathon of hands on activity in which medical image computing researchers create solutions using the open source image computing platform, 3D Slicer, and VTK, ITK, CMake, and CDash libraries as well as OHIF, Cornerstone, dcmjs, vtkjs, itkjs, DICOMweb, Girder and related web technologies. Participants work collaboratively… Continue reading The IGT group, in NAMIC Project Week
- Alicia Pose enlightened us all during Science and Innovation Week at UC3MFrom November 6 to 19, 2023, the Science and Innovation Week 2023 was celebrated at UC3M, featuring over 30 scientific outreach activities aimed at unveiling the University’s research and development efforts. The event included guided tours, workshops, round-table discussions, exhibitions, demonstrations, conferences, and more. Alicia Pose led our group’s workshop… Continue reading Alicia Pose enlightened us all during Science and Innovation Week at UC3M
- Lucía Cubero and Alicia Pose, standing out at CASEIB 2023The XLI edition of Congreso Anual de la Sociedad Española de Ingeniería Biomédica (CASEIB) was celebrated in Cartagena, Murcia, Spain, on November 22-24, 2023. Lucía Cubero and Alicia Pose presented some of our last works. Some details below: Here are some pics of the trip 😀
- New PhD in the group! Congratulations Alicia!We are happy to announce that last week, our PhD student Alicia Pose Díez de la Lastra successfully defended his dissertation entitled “Augmented Reality in Image-Guided Therapy to Improve Surgical Planning and Guidance” with ‘Doctorado Internacional’ distinction. The doctoral thesis was supervised by Javier Pascau and it was done in collaboration with… Continue reading New PhD in the group! Congratulations Alicia!
- Check out our last paper on Augmented Reality to improve surgical planningOur paper on “Real-time integration between Microsoft HoloLens 2 and 3D Slicer with demonstration in pedicle screw placement planning” has been published in the International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (IJCARS). In it, we present a novel framework to send information in real time between Microsoft HoloLens 2 and… Continue reading Check out our last paper on Augmented Reality to improve surgical planning
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Avda. de la Universidad, 30, 28911, Leganés, Madrid (Spain)